Sunday, November 11, 2012

Mercury Presents the Snakes

It's been a long time.  In the time I've been gone, I've graduated, Summa Cum Laude, (heck yeah!) and I have been married.

What brought me back to my blog? Not the aforementioned life milestones.  No.  Snakes.  They are back in my dreams.  At least once, if not more.  This time two snakes were at my feet.  My attention was diverted to something (I think it was a bird) above my head.  I remember the paralysis of fear that overtook my body.

While that seems a bit scary, it wasn't half as scary as the "Grudge-esque" nightmare that I had.  I think these two dreams happened in the same evening.  Sheesh.

Since then though, it's been pleasant sleep.  Even pleasant dreams.

Combined with these crazy dreams, Mercury is in retrograde.  What does this mean?  Well, nothing really.  I am not a firm believer in astrology, but sometimes those things are quite in tune with what I'm dealing with at the time.  So, here's a brief rundown of what Mercury in retrograde is thought to mean.  Mercury is the messenger god, right?  Therefore, it is believed that Mercury rules over communications.  When Mercury is in retrograde, the planet actually appears to be moving backwards.  So, Mercury in retrograde means that for a short period of time our communications goes awry.  Now this means different things for different signs.  Generally, it seems to be a time to reflect, re-examine, rethink, unthink, and simply be silent.  Intuition can be high and coincidences can be extraordinary.  Sometimes it's best to leave major financial decisions until after the twenty or so days have passed. Computers going on the fritz is another great symptom of Mercury in retrograde.  Interesting, one of my girlfriends has attributed Mercury to the fact that she lost all of her contacts out of her phone.

For me, I've noticed that I can't seem to find the right words for anything.  It's like I've lost my words.  Now I know that sounds silly as I am using this time to finally come back to blog.  In fact, I decided to counteract Mercury!

That's enough for now.  I encourage you to look up Mercury in Retrograde.  Learn about it, see if it happens to explain any oddities you may be experiencing.  Is it the end all/be all truth? Probably not. Is it a great excuse to use when you can't seem to find the right thing to say? YES!

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment