Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Musings for the New Year.


In my last post I talked about looking forward to the future.

Today, I read "What does aparigrapha (part of the yamas in the Yoga Sutras) mean to you?"

My first thought was: Non-hoarding.

Of course there's physical hoarding (shopping, collecting, even hoarding someone's time) but, then I began to think about metaphysical hoarding.

We humans seem to hoard emotions, feelings, sensations even when it is a detriment. Sometimes we just can't let go. Addiction comes in many forms and on many levels. External stimulants/motivators come in many forms: Good Grades, Love, Alcohol, Nicotine, Food, Sex, etc.

So I think aparigrapha means not letting these external stimulants define your being.

What will you let go of in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment