Monday, September 12, 2011

Terrorizing Terriers

Reflecting upon THE most comical morning of the year.

It starts off with the fact that I have to get up early which is never pleasant for anyone involved. So I manage to get up and dressed without making too much noise or turning on every light in the house. Good start. I grab my laptop and remember to grab the portfolios I graded because tonight is the only night I'll have to get them to my office. I even remember to grab my parking sticker AND turn off the kitchen light. Man I'm off to a good start!

Ok so I hit the button to open the garage door and a yapping Yorkshire Terrier greets me. Ugh, I don't have time for this. Immediately I look for a collar. No collar. GRRR. What am I going to do? This dog is in between me and my car, barking. So I, with laptop, folder full of papers, purse, and parking sticker on my finger, walk directly to my car and proceed to drop everything. Papers everywhere, parking sticker somewhere, laptop was caught between my thigh and the car door. So the dog is frightened and runs home right? Not quite. Dog runs INTO my garage!

Dog, get out of my garage. No. Dog continues to bark at me from inside MY house. That's nice. So what do I do? I need to get to work, I can't lock him in my garage. I'm already feeling guilty that I'm not in dog rescue mode. Here's what I do...I go into the garage and the dog is still barking at me. I get a long handled implement to usher the yapper out of the garage. What is the response? Cowering and puppy dog eyes. Ok fine, you win dog. I still don't know what to do. I just sit there for a few moments staring at this dog.

Then it hits me. Cell Phones are great inventions. Call the fiance at six in the morning. Problem fixed. He helps me get the dog into a crate (which it is a bit too large for). This part was quite comical because the dog wouldn't get into the crate willingly. So the fiance picks up the dog by the scruff of the next and I hold the crate. Fiance lowers the dog into the crate.

I go to work.

Today is a few days removed. Fiance found the owners who were very thankful. Unfortunately, the dog is still living outside. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment