Sunday, September 19, 2010

Another Late Night


When I was a child, I only remember ONE of my nightmares. In my dream, I awoke in my bed and there was a huge boa constrictor type snake next to me. I was paralyzed with fear and it bit me in the thumb.

-----

So tonight I'm up with worry (again). Nightmares, worry, and frustration seem to frequent my evenings (and days for that matter). Lately, I have been having nightmares about snakes. In the first nightmare, a snake fell from the ceiling. It fell right in front of my body, I felt it as it fell. In fact, I woke up gasping/screaming. In the second nightmare there was one snake and I was getting used to it. I wasn't happy about it being there but, I wasn't as panicky and as scared with it being there. Then all of a sudden, snakes started coming out of everywhere. Little snakes, medium sized snakes. There were hundreds.

I read an article online that said snakes can symbolize worry and unresolved issues. Maybe in the first dream I had one issue and it was being put before me to resolve. Whether I liked it or not, it was being forced in the forefront for me to tackle. Maybe I haven't quite conquered this task, therefore my second dream meant my issues are going to multiply.

Great.

What if it's a matter of I don't know how to do this task, or I don't want to do this task, or I can't do this task? Am I going to have nightmares about snakes forever? How do I stop worrying? Should I take the Bob Newhart advice and just "STOP IT!"? I wish I could! That's easier said that done.

One of my favorite dreams when I was a child was of flying. Maybe I could have that dream tonight. Um.....I wouldn't mind flying with John Legend "So High". :)

P.s. After writing this, I attempted to find a picture of a snake to post. Not the brightest idea. The images were quite scary. Going to go with a picture of John Legend instead.

1 comment: